Hi there, all
As you will no doubt be aware, I haven't posted here for over a year. I noticed the anniversary of my last post approaching, and then receding, and this seems to have spurred some reflection on what I might say next.
What have I been up to? As previously advertised, I visited Istanbul at Easter last year.
 |
Hagia Sophia (perhaps my favourite building ever)
|
Then I spent five weeks touring Canada and the United States, sightseeing and visiting bloggers and other friends.
 |
Quebec city and beyond
|
 |
| The Capitol, Washington DC |
 |
The Grand Canyon
|
During the summer, I largely kept my head down, ignoring the Olympics, but I had a couple of day trips to lesser-known bits of England.
 |
| Wells-next-the-Sea |
 |
| Knebworth House |
I even managed to look around my own city!
 |
| Cambridge: King's College chapel |
Autumn saw some more weekend trips, several to Germany and one to (old) York.
 |
| Sangerhausen |
 |
| York: city walls and the Minster |
Winter was quite quiet, but last month (March), I had another couple of trips. The first took me travelling through the Balkans, visiting five of the parts of the former Yugoslavia, from Slovenia to Macedonia and Kosovo.
 |
| Skopje (Macedonia): the Stone Bridge and the castle |
The second trip was a week touring Morocco by train - my first visit to Africa.
 |
| Marrakech: the Koutoubia mosque |
 |
| Casablanca: the Hassan II mosque |
For those interested in the pictures, I hope to make more detailed posts at some point, but please don't hold your breath.
At home, I've had other things to keep me occupied: I now have accounts on Twitter (@WanderingPomUK) and Facebook (find mark.pom.37 or my wanderingpom e-mail address), and I'm slowly learning how to use them in a way that suits me. If you're not already following me there, please feel free come along and say Hi. I also had an MSN account, but I guess that's now in limbo between MSN and Skype.
Take care
Mark
Some fine wanderings. I really enjoyed meeting you on your American trip.
ReplyDeleteHello Mark
ReplyDeleteNice to see you back in Blogland, with some nice pictures, too. I don't think I'll be venturing to the social media spots, though - I'm not sociable enough! I'll leave that to K, who is an avid 'tweeter', and a fairly active Facebooker, as well.
Love & best wishes
Sammy B
Pretty awesome trips! I know it was cool to meet you here, and vice-versa. I know where I'll be headed next: BACK TO THE UK! Need to meet/see some more folks from blogland (think Northern Ireland and Surrey), and see everyone else again!
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay