Friday, 6 April 2012

Comings and goings

Hi there, all

This is a fairly quick post, as so often, to warn you that I'm going to be away for a while. In this case, I'm going to spend the weekend in Istanbul; as usual, I don't expect to have much net access while I'm away. I should be back very late on Tuesday 10 April, UK time.

Many of you will probably think that this won't make much difference anyway, given how little time I seem to have been spending in blog-land recently. The reason for this is that I'm organising a month or so's tour of the United States and Canada, covering most of May and the first week of June. I'm starting in Canada, with Montreal and Toronto, then taking a couple of weeks to head south on the east coast, via Boston, New York and Philadelphia to Virginia. From there, I head across the continent, via Chicago and Arizona (for the Grand Canyon) to Los Angeles. I have nearly a week in California, then head north to Vancouver, for flights via Calgary back to Toronto for a day or two, and then back home to Britain. As you might guess, most of this will be done by train, and I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of America's natural beauty roll past outside my window. I'm also hoping to see quite a few bloggers, and also some "real life" friends. I think I've contacted everyone I had thought about meeting; if you think I've missed you, I'm sorry - please feel free to get in touch to suggest a meet-up.

Meanwhile, I need to finish packing - more, no doubt, once I'm back.

Take care

Mark

5 comments:

  1. Hello Mark
    Enjoy your travels - it all sounds very appealing. If you happen to come across any mutual 'blog-friends', please say 'hello' from me, if you don't mind.

    Love & best wishes
    Sammy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good wishes. I'm expecting to meet several mutual friends, so I'll certainly say hello.

      Take care

      Mark

      Delete
  2. If you are in Iowa, hit me up

    -Ethan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm currently expecting to pass through the extreme south-eastern corner of Iowa, on the train from Chicago to Arizona. I doubt I can get much closer to you than that, unfortunately - Amtrak doesn't serve much of Iowa. Feel free to e-mail me (wanderingpom@orangehome.co.uk) to see if we can work something out.

      Take care

      Mark

      Delete
  3. Have fun in Istanbul, hopefully it all goes swimmingly (not literally, that'd be pretty bad).

    -Joe.

    ReplyDelete