Hi there, all
I've just spent a rather stressed hour or so trying to recover my blog after Blogger seemed to have deleted it and blocked my account. It turned out (if I've understood it correctly) that Blogger had detected some unusual activity on my account and blocked everything as a precaution (!). I've now managed to persuade their automatic systems to restore my account (not least by using Safari as my browser rather than Internet Explorer) and most things seem to have come back as before. One notable difference: though all the blogs I'm following are still present in my Blogger Dashboard, I seem to have dropped off the follower lists when I view the blogs themselves, and the Follow button won't currently allow me to put myself back in those lists.
Just in case anything more permanent happens, I now have a current backup of the blog (I should know better than to leave it for two months since the last one!).
If you notice any other strange behaviour, please let me know, via comments here, or (possibly more reliable) e-mail to the address on my profile.
"... and now we return you to the scheduled programme" (I hope!)
Take care
Mark
Tuesday, 4 January 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Blogger has been a pain all day. I've gotten 503 Service Unavailable errors several times. I tried to follow a blog a minute ago, it errored out again, so I tried from the blog itself, it worked. I guess this is what you get for free. And thanks for the reminder to back up.
ReplyDeletePeace <3
Jay
Oh dear :( that sounds like a pain - I hope that you get it sorted out!
ReplyDeleteLauren x
Bad times! Hope things get sorted out for you. Haven't noticed anything that may be seen as 'suspicious' - apart from a lack of posts ;) Aha, I jest; busy-ness affects the best of us and detracts from our blogging so you're forgiven :P
ReplyDeleteHope your blog survives!
Regards, Aidan
xx
I'm aware that you and Mickey commented on my post. I've chosen to hide comments on my blog until I can find out how to disable them all together. The guy I was talking about didn't want his name mentioned so I've anonymised everything, which included hiding the comments.
ReplyDeleteHi there, Aidan
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping that you will see this, as it seems to be my only channel of communication to you at the moment.
Thanks for letting me know what's going on. Please feel free to delete my comment, if you like - I don't think I said anything that particularly needs to be retained for posterity.
I hope you'll feel able to switch comments back on: whilst I still appreciate hearing how things are going for you, I'll miss the ability to respond to what you say. I'm quite happy to respect the limits of anonymity, both from what you've said here, and what you choose not to say on your blog.
Take care
Mark
Totally understand the "wandering" of one's mind, body and soul. All three of mine have been to 70 countries so far. The mind and soul have been to many more, mostly nameless places.
ReplyDelete