Hi there, readers
"What's this?", I hear you say, "Another Wandering Pom post? That's four in two weeks! What are they feeding him?" I'm afraid this one's much less exciting than the last several: principally advance notice of some more short-term disappearances from blog-land:
- tomorrow (Fri 5 Nov) to Sun 7 Nov: Dortmund (Germany) for some railway wanderings (again!) around the Ruhr area
- Fri 3 Dec to Sun 5 Dec: same again, this time around Munich (Germany)
- Fri 10 Dec to Mon 13 Dec: repeat visit to the friend in Jena (Germany) whom I called in on last month. This time I hope to see a lot more of the surrounding area.
Next, I should welcome some more new followers. I continue to be pleasantly surprised that anyone wants to read this stuff, but it's very much appreciated that you do. At least now there's something here to read, unlike for my first half-dozen or so followers! I have a bad memory for who started following when, but I think at least these people have come along since my last "welcome" post:
- Closeted Dave
- Jay in VA
- Aidan W (The Epitome of Inconsistency)
- JSL (too late for regrets)
- Jack (Confronting the Confused)
Please feel free to introduce yourselves :-)
Many thanks also to those who've commented recently; I'll try to respond with follow-up comments, but it's probably not now going to happen until at least next week. If you click that little "Subscribe by email" link below the comment box on any post that you're interested in, you'll get my comments (and anyone else's) automatically, instead of having to come back and look for them.
I think I also ought to say something about my own following and commenting on blogs (for me, the two go hand in hand: I almost always follow blogs that I've commented on). I'm afraid that I'm commenting a lot less frequently than I would like on many blogs at the moment. This is partly because there's more real-life stuff happening (all of it good, but it's still time away from blog-land) and partly because I'm following a lot more blogs than I used to (have a look at the blog list in my profile), and hence am spread rather more thinly, as it were. However, I'm still reading everything posted on the blogs I follow - this is probably not much consolation for those who would like to see my comments, but I am at least trying to keep up with what everyone's writing, and I have a mental list of posts I'd like to come back to.
Anyway, I think that's all for now.
Take care
Mark
Thursday, 4 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like more exciting travels! Good for you!
ReplyDeleteI'm Jay...old fart who loves travel, can't do as much as he'd like...I've really enjoyed reading about your travels.
Have fun!
Peace <3
Jay
Thanks for mentioning me! :-) Appreciated much, would like me to reciprocate?
ReplyDeleteGood news: I passed the exam, 70% which is appears to be quite a good mark ^.^ Panic over!
Have fun in Germany - I've never been but I'd like to at some point...maybe a Summer holiday thing.
Aidan
Yaaaay travel posts!
ReplyDelete