Friday, 22 October 2010

Well, I'm back

Hi there, readers

I'm back from my holiday - in fact I arrived at home on Wednesday evening, on schedule. I had a good time, travelled something over 2,500 miles (4,000 km) by train, and did just about everything that I intended to.

Once I got back, I dived into blog-land, and the first blog I went to was Timmy Still Waiting. Timmy had gone into hospital for a fairly heavy-duty check-up on 29 September, and there had been no news before I left on 8 October, so I was quite concerned. However, my worst fears did not encompass the grievous news that I found: a post from Timmy's brother explaining that Timmy had died even before I went on holiday. I'm still struggling to come to terms with this: a wonderful person with an exuberant sense of humour has left the world many, many years before he deserved to. I think we are all the poorer for his absence.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to catch up with all the blogs I follow, but it may be a while before I'm back to commenting as usual.

Take care

Mark

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I had just discovered it, was floored. Obviously you knew him a lot longer.

    Welcome home! Glad it was a great trip!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there. Terribly sorry to hear about the loss of a fellow blogger :(

    But good to see you round abouts again!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete