Hi there, readers
Yes, I'm going off on holiday again - plans for the next couple of months are currently as follows:
Friday 27 - Monday 30 August: Dortmund (Germany), exploring the Ruhr area by train and tram, no doubt sustained by tasty German beer and substantial German food. I'll be away from early tomorrow evening (26 August) to late Monday evening, both UK time.
Saturday 11 - Monday 13 September: Antwerp (Belgium).
Friday 8 - Monday 18 October: starting in Cologne (Germany), finishing in Slovakia, with a gentle progress across Germany and Austria in between. Hopefully with pleasant scenery, and a good supply of local food and beer.
In all three cases, I expect to be without internet access while I'm away.
Meanwhile, to all those who are waiting for me to post about my June holiday, I apologise: there almost always seems to be too much else going on for me to concentrate on writing my own blog. I hope to get round to it at some point, but please don't hold your breath.
Take care
Mark
Wednesday, 25 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

There are so many beautiful cities between Cologne and Brno. I'm sure you'll see several of them. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I seem especially attracted by small and medium-sized cities. Fulda, Wurzburg, Bamberg, and Regensburg are all well worth a visit, IMO. Doubtless there are a lot of other good places that I'm not familiar with.
ReplyDeleteGute Reisen.
Hello Mark
ReplyDeleteI hope you enjoy this weekend's trip - I've got two late shifts and nights from Sunday to look forward to. I can hardly restrain my enthusiasm!
Love & best wishes
Sammy B